I love LinkedIn. People are very clear as to why they are on this platform. They are not there to be entertained. It's all about business, seeking opportunities and collaboration. Being on LinkedIn has allowed me to strategically grow my company to another level by winning new business.
As a company that serves other businesses, LinkedIn is the perfect platform to use to fill my pipeline with new opportunities.
I like to refer to LinkedIn as a networking event that I attended where I didn't have to get into my car, sit in traffic or pay for parking. I am able to initiate conversation via Direct Messages to the right people which leads to high paying clients.
With LinkedIn you are able to message prospects directly and make 1st degree connections. Once someone is a 1st degree connection on LinkedIn, you will also be able to email them directly.
Using LinkedIn is great way to generate leads and engage your connections with shared content, product and services. With the free LinkedIn account there is a limit as to how many invites you can send within a month. Also, your searches will not be saved.
Once someone has accepted your connection request then it is time to build a relationship by getting to know them a little bit better. LinkedIn is not about collecting connections. It's about making connections that leads to dialogue offline. This is where you get to know your prospect and learn about their challenges. It is off of the platform where you are able to offer solutions and convert prospects to clients.
You can also get more eyes on your profession, by adding a LinkedIn Pages. You can upload PDFs or docs directly into your company Page post, allowing you the opportunity to share brand stories that can be used to promote your brand overall. LinkedIn Pages lets you access stronger visual analytics that can be used to further understand your success on the platform.
Want to learn more about optimizing your LinkedIn account to generate prospects and clients? Get your FREE updates here.
Oh the plight of the entrepreneur. The highs and the lows. Sometimes though when the lows hit... it can be a doozy.
It was the second week of February and I got hit with that crazy flu. I was down for the count in every way. I couldn't speak, I couldn't see, I couldn't move. I'm not sure which was worst. Sometimes I felt defeated by the symptom that pertained to my vision because this affected my ability to read and respond to client emails. I ended up being late on client projects, I was unable to start projects. My mood was shot too.
Digital Marketing: a term that includes the design of a website, online advertising, social media, SEO, email advertising and more.
The entire concept of digital marketing can be quite overwhelming to the small business owner, especially if their focus is on what they know best. Their business. Here are some digital marketing Strategies to help bolster your business:
• Your Website- Since the majority of digital marketing is driving traffic to your site, it is important that your site is:
- mobile friendly
- has easy navigation
- clickable contact information (from a mobile device one should be able to click on your phone number and be able to call you at that time)
• Strategically Use Social Media- Social media is not for overloading your audience with promotions and ads. It's to engage with your followers and share relevant information that they will enjoy and learn from. Social media allows you to create a voice for your brand.
You can build an audience who will not only follow you but can also sing your praises. That is code for free advertising. It also allows you to be close to your audience and address customer service concerns, and listen to what they love about your products and services.
• Rich Answers- Address common questions that you tend to get from your customers.
- What is the best Social Media platform to use?
- How much does it cost to build a website
- How much of a down payment is needed to purchase a home
Answering Rich Questions on your site may have your website come up when one keys in these questions on Google
• Email Marketing- this is an inexpensive way to communicate with your clients and potential customers. Once you have ones email address you are able to send them exclusive promo codes, sales and event information. Companies such as MailChimp and MailMunch have costs that start at free.
Turn potential customers to booked clients by ensuring your website is mobile friendly, easy to navigate, and has fresh content. Then include digital marketing strategies that will drive traffic to your website.
Do you use digital marketing strategies to drive traffic to your website? What has been the most effective ones for you?