You have a business and you would like to involve the use of social media to promote it. Before you jump in you want to think about your business objectives and build a social media strategy that will allow you to stand out.
The content you create should always serve a clear purpose. Some of your objectives may be:
- to increase awareness
- drive traffic back to your website
- increase sign ups or purchases
Your content should always support your main business goals. It should be less about receiving likes or retweets and more about generating leads or traffic to your website.
Successful goals follow the SMART method: (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, Timely)
• I would like to create a campaign on Instagram and Facebook involving the use of vibrant images and a specific hashtags
• My goal is to increase my reach by 50 followers per week and comment to inquiries within 12 hours
• Grow my audience by 25 followers per week and have 10 email registrations per week
• I will use Facebook to show my product images in a unique and fun ways
• I will have 300 Instagram followers by July 3rd
SMART is used by most if not all successful companies to reach their goals. Always remember to ask yourself about your content.
• will it drive traffic back to your site?
• will it grow our followers?
• will it support our mission
• will it turn our audience into paying customers
Go ahead and create your own SMART gaols. I would love read them in the comments.
Dee Boswell-Buck is a certified digital marketing strategist and the founder of Boswell-Buck Creative Consulting. BBCC provides full-service social media management, PPC / Google Advertising, Social Media / Facebook Ads, SEO (Search Engine Optimization) , Web Design, Online Audits.
For more information on services and how to work with us, please click HERE.