You see it on just about every social media platform. Sponsored content. These are ads that companies pay for to advertise their products and services. Paid content on social media definitely goes a long way financially. You can seriously target your niche audience and spend much less than you would for print ads, commercials radio ads etc.
The good news is with a bit of work you you can spread the word about your brand with organic content. This refers to unpaid content. Again, it requires more work, but in the long run it is so worth it. You don't have to spend money for social media to work. Great content can be highlighted in many ways and therefore be highly effective. Here are some examples:
1. Be intentional with the platforms you choose to be on by selecting the ones your audience is on.
2. Be present. If your audience is on four social media platforms, but you are comfortable with using 2 or 3 then place your focus on those ones. You don't have to be everywhere, however where you decide to be - you'll do things well not being stretched.
3. Instagram is an amazing way to post provocative, behind the scenes and thoughtful images and add engaging captions. On this platform you can reach many with the right hashtags and strategically build a following over time. Be sure to switch out the link in your Instagram profile to match your current post.
4. With Twitter you can re-share much of your content at different times and various days throughout the week.
5. A blog for your brand helps with SEO. As you create new content, your site remains current. Google loves new content and your site will move up the search rankings. Imagine landing on page one and not paying to be there.
6. Google Plus allows you to create Collections that represent your brand. It's like having a second website right in Google! With the right keywords your Collections again can land you on page one.
"... No amount of paid media is going to turn bad creative into good content. " Gary Vanerchuk
Do not be intimidated by the paid ads you see throughout social media. Many are not done correctly, and may not be very beneficial when helping a companies reach their goals. Your brand's relevant content can develop relationships and relationships, build your community too.
How does your business practice being intentional through social media?