Digital Marketing: a term that includes the design of a website, online advertising, social media, SEO, email advertising and more.
The entire concept of digital marketing can be quite overwhelming to the small business owner, especially if their focus is on what they know best. Their business. Here are some digital marketing Strategies to help bolster your business:
• Your Website- Since the majority of digital marketing is driving traffic to your site, it is important that your site is:
- mobile friendly
- has easy navigation
- clickable contact information (from a mobile device one should be able to click on your phone number and be able to call you at that time)
• Strategically Use Social Media- Social media is not for overloading your audience with promotions and ads. It's to engage with your followers and share relevant information that they will enjoy and learn from. Social media allows you to create a voice for your brand.
You can build an audience who will not only follow you but can also sing your praises. That is code for free advertising. It also allows you to be close to your audience and address customer service concerns, and listen to what they love about your products and services.
• Rich Answers- Address common questions that you tend to get from your customers.
- What is the best Social Media platform to use?
- How much does it cost to build a website
- How much of a down payment is needed to purchase a home
Answering Rich Questions on your site may have your website come up when one keys in these questions on Google
• Email Marketing- this is an inexpensive way to communicate with your clients and potential customers. Once you have ones email address you are able to send them exclusive promo codes, sales and event information. Companies such as MailChimp and MailMunch have costs that start at free.
Turn potential customers to booked clients by ensuring your website is mobile friendly, easy to navigate, and has fresh content. Then include digital marketing strategies that will drive traffic to your website.
Do you use digital marketing strategies to drive traffic to your website? What has been the most effective ones for you?