IS YOUR CONTENT BEING SEEN?
Are people seeing and sharing your content?
I am listening to an Audio Book titled Known: The handbook for building and unleashing your personal brand in the digital age by Mark Schaefer. If no one knows who you are or, knows about your products and services then you will not be "known". This book is about how to be seen in an increasingly competitive world, where people get their first impression of you through online search. If you are looking at building your customer base, getting a job, getting booked for speaking engagements, then Known is the book to read.
One of the points Schaefer's writes about is how to share your content online. Here are some tips that I learned:
1. Choose social media platforms that are relevant to your business. Consider your Target audience. For instance for my business I focus on Instagram, LinkedIn and Facebook (in that order). On Instagram, I use targeted hash tags to connect with many startups and small businesses. LinkedIn allows me to share what I do to an audience who use the platform for professional purposes. Facebook enables me to target my niche market with inexpensive ads.
2. Be clear on the types of content you want to share. Are you creating videos, blog posts, graphics? Content that is compelling and engaging will allow you to appeal more to your customers and create more engagement around your brand.
3. Social media allows you to generate revenue and to build customer loyalty. It gives you the opportunity to engage with customers
4. Focus on a niche by identifying a small demographic that can get the maximum value from your content.
5. Ensure that the content you create is easy to share allowing people more incentive to share, if they really like it.
6. Don't forget to measure what you put out. Check your insights and analytics to verify that your content is being read. This way you can make quick decisions if you have to pivot and promote content differently.
Where and how do you share your social media?
Leave a Reply.