HOW WE COLLECTED 55 EMAILS IN ONE WEEK
My client is launching her wellness products 4 months before Christmas. As a new company she would like to make an impact over the holidays, but she also understands that her aromatherapy bath salts will continue to be a wonderful gift item for Valentine's, Mother's Day etc. While Likes and comments are nice on her Instagram and Facebook Page, her goal is to
build an email list keeping her audience informed of upcoming events. We created a 2 week contest that would be launched on Facebook and Instagram. We tailored some of the content on her Facebook page to refer to the Giveaway. Here is what we did:
Website Home Page
• The page referred to the contest with the call to action to click to enter
• We requested first name and email address and thanked those for entering with a reminder of the contest announcement date (we stated that there information would be saved for new contest and product information)
• We created a Cover Photo for the giveaway with a call to action to CLICK and Sign Up to WIN! Our post shared information about the contest with a link to the Website Home Page
• Using over $30 we created a Facebook Ad targeting her niche audience. 6166 people saw this Ad and an additional 471 people saw this AD organically - we did not have to pay for that! Also 184 Engagements occurred from photo clicks... to link clicks to shares.
• We posted once per week a graphic about the contest and added a call to action to click the website link
We built a list of 55 and as promised announce the winner using Mailchimp to the emails collected. We also announced via Instagram and the Facebook Page.
It was a successful venture. With this giveaway we also grew our social media following by 110%!
Have you ever posted a contest using social media? Is this a campaign you would like to try? Go ahead and share your thoughts and ideas in the comments area below!
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.