Many entrepreneurs find marketing their products and services to be daunting. I have heard my clients mention the following:
- It will look like I am bragging about myself
- I am too new promote myself positively
- I'm just not comfortable
I am not one to tell my clients that they need to get over these feelings. I honestly feel that if you are not comfortable than don't do it. Kind of. Sort of. Actually, my philosophy is ... focus on your Superpower. Here are some examples:
1. Are about numbers and analytics? Talk about your ability to analyze, understand and share what is working or not working and how you are able to pivot in order to reach client goals. This is your time to share your expertise with various types of data software.
2. Are you outgoing? Sweet! You would want to market your superpower of being engaging. Use this power for good by embracing online platforms like Facebook Live or Periscope to network with large audiences. Seek opportunities present via speaking events.
3. Do you feel a huge connection to your clients understanding the obstacles they are experiencing? Then your superpower is empathy. Highlight your ability of being helpful and the insight you can provide potential customers to help them work through hurdles
Always remember to focus on the working relationship that you will build with perspective clients instead of the sale. Your stories help you to develop connections with individuals. You can still balance your stories with stats and information about your company as this may be what helps potential clients with any type of decision making.
So... What is your marketing superpower? Feel free to comment how you think you will use it.
Dee Boswell-Buck is a certified digital marketing strategist and the founder of Boswell-Buck Creative Consulting. BBCC provides full-service social media management, PPC / Google Advertising, Social Media / Facebook Ads, SEO (Search Engine Optimization) , Web Design, Online Audits.
For more information on services and how to work with us, please click HERE.