I have joined the fairly new social media platform Alignable.com. It is a B2B site strictly for local business owners to connect and network. A member had a question: How Do We Remake Or Re-brand Ourselves? Here are the tips I shared:
Re-branding yourself is a bit of a process, but well worth it.
- Define your goals ( I would like $$ sales by this date, increase website visits by 18%, collect a total of __ email addresses by this date).
- Research... how does your competitor brand themselves? Are they successful? What makes you different from your competitor?
- Research... Have you tested your product on others? what are they saying? What do they like about it? Can you incorporate those feelings as you promote your brand?
- Define Your Niche Market. Not that you have to list it in your profile, but have you determined male / female, age, income, where are they online (fb, twitter..), what are their pain points, how can your product help them?
- Besides social media, how do you convey yourself? How does your site look? Is your information up to date with consistent brand colours and brand voice? Are you managing your brand throughout all your platforms (online and off) consistently?
"The process includes defining your brand and brand attributes, positioning your brand in a different way than your competitors and then managing all aspects of your personal brand." forbes.com