Spring has finally sprung! It's the time of year when we remove the clutter, polish things up and add a bit of maintenance. Today I am writing about Spring Cleaning our social media accounts. Thankfully this can be done in a few hours as opposed to a few weeks.
Here are 5 Spring Cleaning tips for small business owners to apply to their social media accounts.
Update Your Profile
- update your bio with your target audience in mind and remember to tailor it so it adapts to each platform you're on
- be sure to use the same profile photo and avatar across all platforms
- update your cover photos
Redefine Your Goals
- lose the clutter... unfollow those bot accounts and the accounts you followed to get the latest promos
- follow your niche audience or the businesses you find value with
- verify metrics and measure your progress to ensure you are on track with your goal setting
- find out who your content is resonating with and if you are you connecting with your target audience
Use a Content Calendar
- get organized by setting up a monthly content calendar with content ready to be posted
- schedule time daily for social media
- some platforms like Facebook have their own tools which will allow you to schedule in advance
Update Your Social Buttons
- confirm that your site has buttons to your social media accounts
- verify if they are working properly
- if your password is 123456 or you have had the same password since the year Facebook started, it is time to change it
-Change your password at least once per year
Maintaining an up to date social media presence is very important for business. Make sure it is current and always represents your brand.